MIDDLEPORT, Ohio – The Red Cross will be at the Middleport Church of Christ Family Life Center for a blood drive on Friday, December 29, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Free Red Cross t-shirts available while supply lasts.
Tips from the American Red Cross on donating blood include:
- Hydrate – Be sure to drink plenty of fluids on the day of your donation.
- Wear Something Comfortable – Wear clothing with sleeves that can easily be rolled up above the elbow.
- Maintain a Healthy Level of Iron in Your Diet Before Donating If possible, include iron-rich foods in your diet, especially in the weeks before your donation.
Blood Donation Process
- Bring a List of Medications You Are Taking – They will need to know about any prescription and/or over the counter medications that may be in your system.
- Bring an ID – Please bring either your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification.
- Bring a Friend – Bring along a friend, so that you may both enjoy the benefits of giving blood.
- Relax – Blood donation is a simple and very safe procedure so there is nothing to worry about.