COLUMBUS – The Ohio State Highway Patrol has entered a contest for “Best Cruiser.” From July 1 – 15, visit The American Association of State Troopers (AAST) Facebook page and cast your vote for the best looking state police/highway patrol cruiser. The photo receiving the most “likes” will be featured on the cover of AAST’s national newsletter, Trooper Connection.
To vote, visit https://www.facebook.com/StateTroopers. To view a gallery of photos detailing the Ohio State Highway Patrol’s vehicle history visit http://tinyurl.com/l23pg4b.
Patrol vehicle facts:
• 1933 vehicle fleet – 54 Motorcycles and 6 Plymouth Coaches
• Original paint color was black until 1972
• 1952 first mounted light bar – single red light
• 1972 cruisers utilize moving radar (MR-7)
• 1977 cruisers transitioned to double red light bars
• 1989 cruisers transitioned to red and blue light bars
• 1990’s gray Ford Crown Victoria primary patrol vehicle
• 2003 mobile computer terminal (MCT’s)
• 2012 silver Dodge Charge, blue light bars
Please help vote your Ohio State Highway Patrol as the best cruiser! Vote anytime July 1 – 15.