Mask Order to Begin July 23, 2020 for All of Ohio
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Governor Mike DeWine announced today that there will be a mandatory mask order beginning July 23, 2020 at 6 p.m. This order is for citizens in all Ohio counties with masks to be worn while out in public.
According to the order, masks must be worn at all times when:
- At an indoor location that’s not a residence.
- Outdoors, when unable to keep 6 feet social distance from those not in your household.
- When waiting for, riding, driving, or operating public transportation, such as a taxi, car service, or private ride share.
This order only requires those who are 10 years old or older to wear a mask. In addition, excluded groups include:
- Those with a medical condition or disability.
- Officiants at religious services.
- Those actively exercising or playing sports.
- Those actively involved in public safety.
- Those who are actively eating or drinking.