Pullins recognized recently for athletics at Marietta College
AUSTINTOWN, Ohio – Marietta College junior Laura Pullins of Long Bottom was named Ohio Athletic Conference Women’s Field Athlete of the Week recently, by the league office.
Pullins opened the 2020-21 indoor with a win the women’s high jump on Sunday (Jan. 31) in a meet against Otterbein University. She won the event with a jump of 1.65 meters (5’5″). Pullins added a second place finish in the long jump when she cleared a distance of 4.64 meters (15’2.75″).
The high jump mark of 1.65 meters currently ranks second in the nation for NCAA Division III women’s indoor high jump.
Pullins is a graduate of Eastern High School. She is the daughter of Tom and Stacie Pullins.
Some of Laura Pullins sports accomplishments:
• Earned All-American honors for Indoor and Outdoor track, with second place finishes at the NCAA Championships in the women’s high jump
• OAC Champion for the indoor and outdoor women’s high jump
• Broke the indoor and outdoor track and field school record in the women’s high jump
• Qualified for NCAA Outdoor Championships, placed 14th
• OAC Outdoor Champion for the women’s high jump
• Three-sport athlete in basketball, cross country and track
• Earned four varsity letters in basketball, four in cross country and four in track
• Earned All-District and All-Conference honors in basketball, cross country and track
• Earned All-State honors in track
• Division IV State Basketball Champions in 2013-14
• Four-time Sectional Basketball Champions