Free Virtual State of Ohio Virtual Events Explain Medicare
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program (OSHIIP) is conducting free Medicare Check-up Day webinars around the 2022 Medicare open enrollment period, Oct. 15 to Dec. 7, to educate participants about Medicare basics, coverage options, and financial assistance programs.
OSHIIP, a division of the Ohio Department of Insurance, helps Ohioans understand Medicare and determine the best coverage options for their healthcare needs and budget. Coverage and cost evaluation is imperative because Medicare plans can change from year to year.
The webinars are on Mondays (register at www.insurance.ohio.gov):
- Oct. 4, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 12 (Tuesday), 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Oct. 18, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Oct. 25, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 1, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 8, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 15, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Nov. 22, 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Nov. 29, 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
During Medicare open enrollment, Ohioans can:
- Determine if their existing coverage will continue to meet their health insurance needs.
- Stay on Original Medicare and shop for a stand-alone Part D prescription drug plan.
- Select a Medicare Advantage plan, which provides comprehensive health benefits, typically including prescription drug coverage.
- Utilize certain financial assistance programs.
- Medicare 2022 plan information is available at www.medicare.gov.
In addition to webinars, OSHIIP is holding on-site events across the state, which are subject to change. For a full outreach schedule, visit www.insurance.ohio.gov. OSHIIP staff is available Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1-800-686-1578 and OSHIIPmail@insurance.ohio.gov to provide assistance.
Ohioans on Medicare can also call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week for Medicare help.