POMEROY, Ohio – The Meigs County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and the Meigs County Victim Assistance Program wants to spread awareness about Ohio Missing Persons Day which is May 19, 2018.
The Ohio Attorney General’s office Bureau of Criminal Investigation division is partnering with Battelle on May 19, 2018 to remember the hundreds of Ohioans that are missing and to raise awareness about their cases.
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Battelle will be hosting a free event at:
• 505 King Ave.
Columbus, OH 43201
According to Ohio Attorney Mike DeWine the event will feature:
• The latest technology being used to solve missing persons cases.
• DNA collection from families of the missing for Project LINK.
• Opportunities to ask law enforcement and coroner’s officials for assistance on cases.
• Facial reconstruction of unidentified persons.
• Crisis support for families of missing persons.
• Information on human trafficking.
• Child fingerprint cards.
• A candlelight vigil for the missing.
• A remembrance garden.
For more information about the event or to talk with someone in BCI’s Missing Persons Unit, call 855-BCI-OHIO (855-224-6446).