EVERYDAY MEIGS IS A NEW FEATURE FOR THE MEIGS INDEPENDENT PRESS. EACH WEEK A PERSON OR PLACE IN MEIGS COUNTY, OHIO WILL BE DESCRIBED WITHOUT REVEALING THE NAME OF SAID PERSON OR PLACE.
Readers are invited to guess the identity of the person or location described for one week. Readers must email their name and contact information along with their guess to [email protected] to participate. One correct answer will be randomly selected from all the correct guesses submitted. The winner will receive a prize for their correct answer. Please do not comment in the post on Facebook as they will not be counted. Each week a new person or location will be described and the previous week’s person or location will be revealed.
Through a partnership with Lazy K Designs, winners will receive a tumbler with either a Meigs Indpendent Press logo or a Lazy K Designs logo. If you would like to check out some of the customization Lazy K Designs can do for you, check out their Facebook Page here.
Everyday Meigs is about saluting those that work everyday in the county and to take notice of locations we may see everyday, but possibly take for granted. The Meigs Independent Press salutes those that work to make Meigs County a better place, everyday.
This week features a person. Can you guess who this person is? Send your guess to [email protected]
This week person is a male.
- How long have you lived in Meigs County? 37 years.
- What is your occupation?Agriculture, Construction, Property Management.
- How long have you been working at your job/occupation? 19 years.
- What is somethings you like about your job/occupation? Everyday is a new challenge.
- What was your first job? Mowing lawns at B&W lawn service.
- What village do you live near/in? Five Points.
- Something you love about Meigs County? I love that this small community always comes together when someone is in need.
- Something you would like to change about Meigs County? The drug epidemic.
- Favorite festival or event in the county? Meigs County Fair.
- Do you volunteer in Meigs County, if so what organizations/church, how long? Maples board member, Meigs County Agricultural Society.
Submit your guess to [email protected]
Last week the person saluted for Everyday Meigs was Eber Pickens. Joanie Simpson correctly guessed it was Eber Pickens.
Eber is a life long resident of Syracuse, Ohio. He has served on the Syracuse Fire Department, village council and helped youth from coaching to support in athletic boosters.