Ohio Dept. of Agriculture Sets Fair Schedule for 2021
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio – The Ohio Department of Agriculture today released the official dates for the 2021 fair season. The Meigs County Fair will be held August 16-August 21, 2021. The Ohio State Fair is set for July 28-August 8.
Other area fair dates for 2021:
- Jackson County – July 15-24
- Vinton County – July 24-July 31
- Gallia County – August 2-August 7
- Athens County – August 6-August 14
- Washington County – September 4-September 7
- Albany Independent September 8-September 12
- Barlow Independent – September 23-September 26
The Paulding County Fair will kick off the 2021 fair season on June 12, and the season will wrap up on October 16 with the Fairfield County Fair. For a complete schedule, click here.
In addition to setting and approving the dates for the independent and county fairs, the Ohio Department of Agriculture is responsible for helping to ensure the safety of fair amusement rides, monitoring livestock shows to ensure honest competition and coordinating animal health efforts with local veterinarians.
Fairs across the state took a hit with COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Some fairs were able to be scaled back as Meigs was able to do while others were completely cancelled.