Flood Watch Issued by The National Weather Service Charleston WV
Flood Watch National Weather Service Charleston WV 1154 AM EDT Thu Mar 23 2023.
Greenup-Carter-Boyd-Athens-Washington-Jackson OH-Vinton-Meigs-Gallia- Lawrence OH-Cabell-Mason-Jackson WV-Wood-Pleasants-Tyler-Roane-Wirt- Calhoun-Ritchie-Doddridge-Gilmer- Including the cities of Flatwoods, West Union, Gallipolis, Jackson, Pennsboro, Point Pleasant, Marietta, Middlebourne, Cannonsburg, Elizabeth, Huntington, Olive Hill, Pomeroy, Glenville, Vienna, Paden City, Raceland, Russell, Athens, McArthur, Grayson Lake State Park, Oak Hill, Ripley, Parkersburg, Grayson, Hamden, St. Marys, Sistersville, Harrisville, Ashland, Wellston, New Haven, Belmont, Carter Caves State Park, Ravenswood, Belpre, South Point, Spencer, Lake Vesuvius, Grantsville, and Ironton
1154 AM EDT Thu Mar 23 2023 …FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall continues to be possible.
* WHERE…Portions of northeast Kentucky, southeast Ohio and West Virginia, including the following counties, in northeast Kentucky, Boyd, Carter and Greenup. In southeast Ohio, Athens, Gallia, Jackson OH, Lawrence OH, Meigs, Vinton and Washington. In West Virginia, Cabell, Calhoun, Doddridge, Gilmer, Jackson WV, Mason, Pleasants, Ritchie, Roane, Tyler, Wirt and Wood.
* WHEN…From late tonight through Saturday afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations. Creeks and streams may rise out of their banks. Flooding may occur in poor drainage and urban areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS… – http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.