14-year-old Girl Charged After Teen Takeover In Hyde Park

A 14-year-old girl is facing charges following a teen takeover in Hyde Park on Sunday night.

According to Chicago police, the teen girl did not follow their warning to leave the location. CPD also said that the kid smacked an officer in the forehead, causing minor injuries.

The incident happened around 10:40 p.m. in the 5500 block of South Cottage Grove.

The teen faces two felony counts as well as a lesser charge of reckless behavior and curfew violation.

The Chicago Crime Chasers told WGN News that there were about 300 teenagers on the lakefront. Group officials said they are working to prevent another planned takeover at North Avenue Beach, which is scheduled for Monday.

According to the Hyde Park Herald, Chicago Ald. Lamont Robinson (4th Ward) sponsored a teen conference earlier this summer to address concerns about teen takeovers.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *