Five Kitchen & Bar to close, reopen this fall with brand-new concept

Five Kitchen & Bar to close, reopen this fall with brand-new concept

One of the most recognizable restaurants in Over-the-Rhine is preparing to shut down at the end of the month before returning this fall with a completely different concept.

Five Kitchen & Bar, the modern American gastropub owned by Crown Republic Group, will permanently close on May 31. Haley and Anthony Sitek, the restaurant’s co-owners, plan to replace it with a new concept inspired by their travels.

The current staff at Five, who learned about the closure earlier this month, will temporarily transition to Crown’s other restaurants before returning when the new concept opens.

“Part of the heartbeat of CRG is innovation,” Anthony Sitek said in a press release. “We are always searching for fresh and unique ways to elevate our offerings, and this sophisticated restaurant will accomplish exactly that. While we are still keeping the name and details under wraps, we believe the city will be excited and curious about what will become the next hotspot on Vine St… We encourage everyone to stop in for one final favorite drink and meal before May 31.”

The Siteks stressed that the closure does not signal the end of the space or their involvement in the neighborhood. They currently operate the well-known steakhouse Losanti in OTR, along with Crown Republic Gastropub, Rosie’s Italian, Cantina and Marigold downtown.

“We are continuing to invest in OTR because we want to make our city more vibrant and enjoyable,” Haley Sitek said in the release. “Outstanding hospitality remains the foundation of CRG, and that’s why we are taking the time to create an experience unlike anything else in the city. We’re thrilled to remain on Vine Street and encourage people to continue supporting the restaurants and businesses here. Stay tuned to see what we have planned for Cincinnati!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *