Four kids were taken to the hospital following a mass shooting on Sunday outside a restaurant near downtown Orlando, according to the Orlando Police Department.
Police believe the shooting began as an argument with another group of children, though little detail has been revealed.
‘Dispute involving other juveniles’
Orlando police said the incident occurred soon before 1 p.m. on Sunday, February 15, near South Parramore Avenue and South Street. When authorities arrived, they discovered four children with gunshot wounds. All four were sent to the hospital.
According to police, three children sustained non-life-threatening injuries, while one sustained a life-threatening injury. According to preliminary findings, the incident was the result of an argument between other youths. “Detectives are actively investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting,” police stated.
Sister Soul Food, a local eatery near the shooting site, reported on Facebook about a “tragic incident” earlier that day. Our hearts are heavy as we pray for those harmed in this catastrophe. We pray for strength, health, and safety for him and his family during this terrible time. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved. The post expressed hope for a speedy recovery for all involved. While we do not yet know the entire extent of what occurred, we do not condone any acts of violence.
On Monday, the windows and doors to the eatery were boarded up. There was yellow crime scene tape around the door doorknob.
Police have not disclosed the names of the four people injured, just referring to them as adolescents. Police have not provided further details on the events surrounding the incident or identified any potential suspects. Violence against our youth is painful and inexcusable. As a community, we must continue to collaborate—parents, educators, church leaders, and community partners—to provide safe spaces, mentor our children, and ensure they have good outlets and support systems.
I maintain frequent contact with municipal leaders and law enforcement, and I am committed to supporting initiatives that promote safety, accountability, and healing in our community. We ask residents to give investigators the time and space they need to do their work and to keep these families in their prayers,” said Orlando Commissioner Shan Rose, who represents District 5.
Rose issued a second statement on Monday evening: “To our young people, I am addressing you not only as your Commissioner but also as someone who genuinely cares about this town. Violence is not the solution. Picking up a gun will never alleviate the anguish, frustration, or difficulties you face. Please put your guns down. Your life is valuable. Your purpose is higher than the present time. We are here to walk alongside you, connecting you with resources, mentorship, and genuine support. My office is ready to assist. I love you and believe in your future.”
Sister Soul Food, a restaurant near the gunshot site, posted on its Facebook page Sunday night about a “tragic incident” that occurred earlier in the day near the business. FOX 35 has contacted the owners of Sister Soul Food for comment.
Former Orlando City Commissioner Regina Hill also posted about the incident: “It is traumatic to see 100’000’000s [sic] poured into youth programs, family services, jobs, housing, education, and mixed-income development—real investment and real transformation during Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer, Commissioner Daisy Lynum, and my tenure—and then watch violence threaten the very progress we fought so hard to build.”
“We worked too hard for this community. But one horrible day does not undo decades of work.”








Leave a Reply